If you’re feeling ready to dive into email marketing, it’s likely that you have heard of the cult favorite business tool: Flodesk.
So why is this so popular?
There are many reasons why Flodesk email marketing has gained attention (which we’ll dive into later in this blog post). One of the top reasons includes the simplicity of the experience – in fact, I was able to create my first email within just a few minutes! The platform has been designed in a way to easily integrate email marketing and automation into your business.
Throughout this post, we’ll talk about all aspects of Flodesk email marketing – so that you can confidently decide whether this is right for your business.
Here is your full guide to Flodesk email marketing:
1. What Is Flodesk?
Flodesk is an email marketing platform that is designed for both beginners and experts to create emails that enable:
- Stunning Design: With the pre-designed email templates, Flodesk makes it simple to create designs that your audience will enjoy reading. I’m able to regularly complete email designs within minutes while leveraging their templates (which has become such a time-saver).
- Conversion: The Flodesk Dashboard allows you to organize subscribers based on intent. This way, you’re able to target audience segments with relevant email marketing content.
- Automation: Flodesk’s workflows make it easy for you to automate email campaigns, so that you never have to worry about manually sending emails again. For instance, these can be triggered for new email subscribers, course launches, or digital product delivery.
2. The Flodesk Email Builder
Adding your branding to Flodesk couldn’t be easier (take a peek at the image below for a behind-the-scenes peek).
Within a few clicks, you’re able to add a custom logo, address, social media links, business website, and brand colors! From here, Flodesk will automatically add your logo and brand color palette to the email editor.
Speaking of the email editor, let’s take a look at the Flodesk dashboard. Here is where the magic begins. There is a library of pre-designed email templates across categories of popular topics such as welcome sequences, sharing news, and saying “thank you”.
Once you choose a template and enter the Flodesk editor, you’ll be able to access a range of tools to customize your email including:
- Layouts (additional email templates)
- Your brand logo
- Instagram (hint: add this to the footer of all your emails)
- Link Bar
- Social Links (great for building a social media presence)
Every piece of your added content can be customized as well. Flodesk offers a suite of aesthetic premium fonts (over 100!) and colors for you to choose from. This is something that truly sets Flodesk apart from other email marketing platforms.
By customizing your emails with fonts, your brand colors, logo, and layout – Flodesk empowers you to create a visual voice for your business (which is an incredible way to build trust with your audience).
3. Your Audience And Subscribers
Within your dashboard, it’s easy to access your full email subscriber list. You are able to sort and organize these by:
- Status (active, unsubscribed, bounced)
- Segment (we’ll talk more about this in a second)
- Source (how they were added to your email list)
- Activity (within a certain amount of time)
If you click on a specific email subscriber, you’ll be able to view stats about their email open rate, click rate, and the devices that they view emails on the most. This is incredibly helpful when cleaning out your email list of bots, spam, and unengaged audience members.
Flodesk email subscribers are also able to be sorted into custom segments. This allows you to better focus on who is receiving your emails (which is huge for audience engagement and click through rates).
For instance: first you would create an email marketing segment such as “SEO-Driven Showit Website Templates”. Then you’d be able to add an email or freebie to send to this segment. You even have the choice to send emails to individuals, multiple segments, or your whole email list.
4. Customizable Forms
Similar to the email templates, Flodesk also has many pre-designed forms to choose from. And within the editor, you are able to fully customize these with fonts and brand colors as well!
Popular ways that you can use Flodesk forms include email list opt-ins and freebie sign ups (psst – both are great for building your subscriber list).
Once you’ve created your form, Flodesk also walks you through the step-by-step process of how to easily add this to your website platform.
5. Flodesk Analytics
With a quick glance at your analytics dashboard, you’re able to see how each email or email campaign is performing. Flodesk makes it incredibly easy for you to view:
- Recipients: how many people received your email.
- Open Rate: percentage of people who opened your email.
- Click Rate: percentage of people who clicked through to your website / destination linked in your email.
Flodesk analytics shares these results based on all of your emails. However, you can also view individual email statistics – which is helpful when running a new campaign or sequence.
By regularly taking a peek at your analytics, you will be able to better understand patterns in topics, designs, etc. that actively engage your email subscribers.
6. Workflow Automation
My favorite part is Flodesk’s workflow automation. Honestly, this is such a time saver!
Flodesk has a simple way to connect your email subscriber segments and emails with specific triggers.
As a real life example:
- In my business, I sell a premium Showit website template called Le’Aubrie.
- Within Flodesk, I have a “Le’Aubrie” email subscriber segment that receives my “Le’Aubrie Website” email.
- Flodesk knows to send this email whenever someone is added to my “Le’Aubrie Showit Website Template” workflow (aka when someone purchases a website template).
This way, the delivery of website templates is automated. People are able to instantly receive their purchase, and I don’t have to touch a single button. We’re all winners in this!
Other examples of Flodesk automations for your business include: digital product delivery, lead magnet sharing, nurture sequences, etc. It does the busy work for you, so that you can focus on the aspects of your business that light your soul on fire.
7. Flodesk And Showit
Flodesk emails and Showit websites work seamlessly together. In fact, as a Showit designer and user myself, I have integrated Flodesk throughout my workflow and am able to:
- Send welcome email sequences to my new Madewilde family members.
- Email discount codes.
- Share freebies when people sign up.
- Send Showit website template purchases (my digital product shop).
The automation and creation process of these has truly streamlined my business, and saved so much time over the years.
If you’d like to learn more about Flodesk and Showit, take a peek at my blog post here (spoiler: I’m absolutely in love).
8. Flodesk Pricing
One of the platform highlights is Flodesk’s pricing model. It only costs $38 per month no matter how many subscribers you have! This is an absolute game-changer for email marketing.
As a small business owner, I’ve tried countless email marketing platforms and each one has increased in price as my email subscriber list grew. Flodesk pricing puts an end to this, and has such a friendly approach to keeping business expenses low while you continue to build an engaged audience.
I use Flodesk for all of my small business emails. And as a little gift, they’re offering 50% off your first year (which is such a steal!).
9. Flodesk Customer Service
The best way to reach Flodesk Customer Service is through one of three ways (all linked here on their site):
- Flodesk Help Center: A general space for questions and answers (tip: this is usually in depth enough to cover your needs).
- Flodesk Email: If something isn’t covered in their Help Center, you can send an email for a personalized response.
- Flodesk Facebook Group: A community where you can post questions and support fellow Flodesk members.
10. GDPR Compliance
Flodesk is automatically GDPR compliant in a few ways:
- Subscribers have the ability to unsubscribe with one click.
- Each email is fully encrypted end to end for privacy.
- You have the ability to completely delete subscriber data upon request.
In doing this, Flodesk has built-in GDPR compliance aspects for your small business. While this may seem like a small detail, it makes a world of difference – especially when dealing with legal areas.
So is Flodesk email marketing right for your business?
Overall, Flodesk might be the one for you if you’re looking for:
- Fully customizable emails that reflect your brand.
- Automations that do the work for you.
- In-depth analytics to understand your audience / subscribers.
- Pricing that doesn’t break the bank (and stays the same, regardless of email audience size and growth).
A little while back, I was exactly where you are: trying to decide on the best email marketing platform. And to be honest, I used someone’s affiliate code and ended up falling in love with Flodesk (genuinely can’t imagine life without it).
So if you’re on the fence, I’d encourage you to just give it a whirl for a month! After all, it’s a free test drive – and you might just end up loving it.