With plenty of website platforms to choose from, I thought it’d be worthwhile to take a moment to reflect on why I use Showit as a creative entrepreneur. The website that you’re currently reading this blog post on has been designed within Showit – and honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I’ve tried my fair share of website platforms: from Squarespace to WordPress to Shopify. And as a service provider & online product business, I have really found my home within Showit. It has empowered me to create a space for my brand that truly feels representative of me. And that’s worth more than a thousand raving words that I could recite.
Nevertheless, I’ve taken a few moments to compile a list of thoughts as to why this platform has become my forever home. This list includes the top seven reasons – although if you’re interested in hearing any additional reasons, please feel free to send me a message. I’m always more than happy to be a design sounding board as you decide on the future path for your online space.
- 1. Showit is user-friendly and easy to learn. There is no coding required.
- 2. Showit is template-based for seamless use.
- 3. You can easily add your branding elements.
- 4. Showit is SEO driven and optimized.
- 5. WordPress blogging integration.
- 6. Responsive and mobile-friendly design.
- 7. Easily connect to apps for digital products, courses, and email marketing.
- Final Thoughts
1. Showit is user-friendly and easy to learn. There is no coding required.
With Showit, you don’t have to write a single line of code (*insert celebration champagne*). The website editor is fully drag-and-drop features. In a handful of clicks, you are able to add personal images, video and gifs, custom branding, and copywriting – and I really can’t emphasize enough how easy all of this is.
As a creative entrepreneur, you deserve to have an online home and website that reflects you. Many website platforms require custom coding in order to build a site that stands out and authentically tells your story. With Showit, you’re able to create a website that feels fully custom + reflects you and your business. And at the end of the day, this is really what your audience and dream clients are looking for.
2. Showit is template-based for seamless use.
The Showit platform is built on the foundation of templates that you customize to become your own. Now, stay with me. I know that the word “template” can also be associated with “rigid” and “the same”. But through Showit’s powerful editor and tools, you’re empowered to create a fully custom experience for your brand.
When you first create an account, you will be given the option to begin with a free template. Personally I recommend this, especially if it’s your first rodeo with the platform. By choosing a template, you are automatically receiving SEO optimization for your text and elements, and also allowing yourself to adjust to the platform’s editor.
If you’re looking for something a little more elevated and premium for your brand, I’d recommend a professionally designed template to make your business take flight. I’ve had the privilege of designing several of these, and have cheered alongside template buyers (aka Madewilde family) who have seen incredible business metrics after launching. Take a peek at the Madewilde Showit Templates here, if you’d like.
3. You can easily add your branding elements.
All of your branding elements only need to be imported once, and they will populate across your entire website. Inside the editor, Showit empowers you to add various branding elements inclusive of:
- Color Palette: You are able to add up to eight brand colors to your website editor. These colors will be accessible across your website and create a cohesive experience for your audience. (Note: although only eight colors can be added to your site-wide palette, limitless colors can be used on individual pieces in your website).
- Font Families: Showit gives you direct access to Google Font’s entire library. And if you already have custom font licenses, these can easily be uploaded and used across your website design.
- Logos: Your logos can be added to any site canvas and instantly populated across your site. This way, your branding will be front and center whenever someone visits your website.
4. Showit is SEO driven and optimized.
Showit makes it incredibly easy to make sure that your website is SEO optimized for ranking within search engines. This is done through a few ways:
- Object Order: Search engines like Google will be able to better understand who to surface your content to, based on how it is read. Within the Showit editor, you’re easily able to order elements so that every page is read correctly.
- Text Labels: Showit empowers you to label every piece of text on your website as a title, heading, paragraph, etc. This allows search engines to understand which pieces on your website are the focus, and how to rank your page for people.
- Blogs: Blogging is directly connected with WordPress. This enables you to create Google-ranked content that drives organic traffic to your website. (more on that in our next section!)
5. WordPress blogging integration.
While it may be one of the oldest business tricks in the book, blogging has remained one of the top evergreen ways to keep your brand relevant. It’s a high driver of SEO and organic traffic, which aren’t reliant on the always-changing social media algorithms – all a bit too real for us small business owners, am I right?
The WordPress platform accounts for the majority of blogging on the internet today. Not only are you able to easily write and schedule posts, but you are also able to leverage many of the top plug-ins for SEO, shop products, and more. It lightens the task of writing weekly blog posts – which ends up being super helpful when trying to rank your website content for SEO.
With Showit’s WordPress integration, you are able to both: 1) Design a stunning blog that gets your audience’s attention, and 2) Automatically import your blog post from WordPress. It’s a seamless duo that can drive higher audience retention and conversions.
6. Responsive and mobile-friendly design.
With people spending more time on their phones, and mobile marketing becoming continuously more prominent – a large percentage of your audience will be viewing your website from their phone (instead of desktop). This means that your mobile website is highly important for driving traffic, conversions, and sales.
From within the editor, you are able to customize the mobile design. This means that you are able to intentionally design where each element, button, title, etc. is placed within your website. This can lead to higher conversions or website view time. Users who interact with your mobile website have different expectations, and being able to design especially for mobile will empower you to reach your audience in the best possible way.
7. Easily connect to apps for digital products, courses, and email marketing.
As your business experiences growth, your brand may expand into digital products, courses, email marketing, or podcasts. Luckily, Showit seamlessly integrates with some of the top CRM and marketing tools. Some of my favorite day-to-day tools that I’ve paired with Showit include:
- Flodesk: Email marketing is a cornerstone piece of growing an audience, and I’ve found it to be quite a fun way to share any updates or stories with my email list family. (Note: if you sign up for Flodesk here, you’ll get 50% off for life!)
- Honeybook: This is my favorite tool to streamline processes and relationships with my clients + daily business tasks. It’s been a such time saver in my business, and effortlessly integrates into the platform. (Get 20% off your first year)
- Freebies: Let’s be honest. We’ve all signed up for a freebie from another brand at one point or another. Adding these to your website is incredibly easy, and I’ve found that the quickest way to craft these is through assets on Creative Market (cheers to supporting fellow small businesses!).
While there are plenty of website platforms out there to choose from, I can whole-heartedly say that Showit is the one that has made customizations and standing out online an effortless breeze.
If you have any questions or thoughts about Showit, feel free to send me a message. I really do read every email that lands in my inbox, and promise to get back to you within 2 business days with a personal response.
Or if you’re feeling like Showit is your new online home, I’d love to have you take a look at our premium templates in the Madewilde Shop (friendly hint: there’s a sign-up at the top of this page to get 10% off any template, today). I’d be honored to have you join our growing family!